Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Indoor Decor

Need not permanent ideas for enclosing this space to turn my bedroom into a master suite


I just rented an apartment that has this gap/hall to get into my bedroom. If manage to close it, I'll have a master suite.
I need ideas how to do it in an inexpensive and not permanent way (since the apt is rented)

I thought about installing a wood panel from the top until a reasonable height that I can install a door from.

Any other ideas?

For the sake of reference, this is a picture of my friend under it. He's 5'8". Thank you!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-03-19T17:36:39+0000  by marinaangeli marinaangeli
Hi marinaangeli,

Most landlords frown on modifications to rental units, there are several reasons the most obvious is the cost of restoring the space, in addition the changes can cause building code violations which the landlord is responsible to maintain. That being said, I would recommend a portable room divider, this will add privacy without modifying the existing floor plan. You also can take it with you when you move.

Posted 2018-03-19T18:09:05+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question