Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Need old wood wall with steal over sealed to concrete

 Have an old wood wall in great shape that I need sealed exteriorly it sits atop concrete there is steal over the wood. How can I seal the wood to concrete?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-20T20:48:00+0000  by plazma51 plazma51
Hi plazma51,

PL Concrete Crack Filler is rated by the manufacturer for wood, metal, concrete and many more building materials.

Each ten-ounce container has approximately thirty linear feet of sealant (3/8th inch bead).

It remains flexible and forms a water-tight seal.

In addition, it resists deterioration from weather, stress, and movement.

This product was engineered specifically for vertical or horizontal surfaces ... perfect for your wood/metal to concrete walls.

Hope this helps,

Pat InPaint

Posted 2016-04-20T20:55:17+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
I'm looking for a way to seal the the concert and wood. Not and adhesive, that looks like an adhesive
Posted 2016-04-21T00:14:48+0000  by plazma51
Thanks for the follow up inquiry, plazma51,

When you ask, "How can I seal the wood to concrete?" I immediately think of concrete crack filler to close the joint between these materials and prevent moisture damage.

While PL makes some of the strongest polyurethane construction adhesives, PL Concrete Crack Filler is a sealer designed to bridge and create a water-tight seal in openings between wood, concrete, metal and more.

You'll find this product in the expansion joints between concrete slab floors in commercial warehouses, as well as in the joint between concrete foundations, wood framing boards, and siding ... sealing the wood to concrete.

In the "Good, Better, Best" offering at The Home Depot, this product qualifies as "Best."

So, although this product originates in a family of adhesive products, it is designed to seal gaps, remain flexible, and create a water-tight seal between most construction materials.

Click the link earlier in the thread for detailed product description.

If you'd like other recommendations, follow up and we'll build a few more suggestions into the thread.

Hope this clarifies,

Pat InPaint

If you meant, how can I seal the steel exterior skin of my building, you would use Direct to Metal Primer and metal paint to protect the metal and prevent it from rusting.

Posted 2016-04-21T13:46:14+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Hello plazma51 and welcome to the community.


In Home Depot’s paint department are several products you can use to seal your wood fence and concrete. You may choose a two different products, one for wood and one for concrete or use a multi surface product like Rain Guard. 


The wood sealers come in a variety of shades and colors ranging from a clear coat to dark stain shades. You can view many of your choices here or visit the store for actual color charts.


Thank you for your inquiry.



Posted 2016-04-21T13:52:17+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question