Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Need some simple ideas

Hi, My husband and I want to brighten and make our small living room seem larger, we are not verse in tha art of choosing the best paint colors that would allow this so we wanna get a few color ideas that would be good.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-16T19:05:33+0000  by yackeisha yackeisha

Welcome to our community Yackeisha, 

My name is Christine and I work at The Home Depot in Atlanta in the paint department. Many people struggle with choosing colors, but not worry, I'm here to help. :smileyhappy:

The darker the color, the smaller the room is going to look. Do you have any windows in the room? If there is a lot of natural light coming in, you can get away with a darker color. If you have minimal natural light, you should consider a light color.

Behr ColorSmart is a great tool that helps you choose colors. You can either upload a picture of your room or use a picture that they have on their site and virtually paint the walls. Below are some examples of how paint can change according to the light. Both rooms are painted with 'Peach Fade'.

Room with a lot of light  Room with low light

Peach Fade

This tool can help narrow down your color choices, but nothing beats actually putting paint on the walls. 8 ounce paint samples are a wonderful way to test the color in your room. Your local Home Depot can mix up as many sample sizes as you desire. This will save you lots of time and money and that is always a good thing! 

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Happy Painting!

Christine  

Posted 2011-10-17T13:19:15+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+