Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Need suggestion for installing laminate with attached pad on underlaying

Hi,

We recently bought good quality laminate with attached pad for 2 bedrooms in our condo. The condo management has requirement of having to have underlay with min IIC & STC 70 to get it approved. We found the underlay with required standard but our contractor suggested and I also read online that putting laminate with attached pad on underlay can cause laminate to snap. I was wandering if it is true? if yes, what are our options? 

Thanks
Vick 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-02-22T16:06:43+0000  by vaibhavk vaibhavk

Hello vaibhavk and welcome to the community.

Each laminate manufacturer has specific guidelines for how their product should be installed.

Detailed installation instructions and product specifications can often be found by first left clicking on the photo of any product on HomeDepot.com. Then clicking on the word “specification” which is below the product’s photo.  You will find installations instructions and user guide to the right. 

Your contractor may be correct but without the particular laminate information I can’t verify that information.

Your alternative is to find an un-padded laminate; who’s installation instruction will indicate it can be installed over the condo associations guide lines.

If you would like to convey the product information for your laminate purchase, I would be happy to try determine what options you may have.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2017-02-23T15:02:08+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+