Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Need to build porch and stairs

I live in a mobile home and need to build a front porch and stairs and need help.  I can do anything but I need help finding out exactly what I need as far as lumber and hardware to build it.  Can anyone help?

Theresa

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-10-30T18:42:56+0000  by thoinoski thoinoski

Hello Thoinoski,

Welcome to the community.

What a fun project. I love projects that can be enjoyed for many years to come.

We have a really great page on homedepot.com that will take you step by step on how to build a deck. It also has videos that show you how to do each step.

You may need to modify how it attaches to the dwelling or have it as a free standing unit. I’m not certain on how mobile homes are framed around the bottom. Personally I think I would make it a free standing deck. Just to be safe, I wouldn’t want to damage the mobile home.

Click here to go to the page with all of the links for the how-to and videos on how to build a deck.

Deck.jpg

It has everything from planning, building, and maintaining a deck. You will be able to learn the anatomy of a deck, what materials to use, the tools needed, and be able to estimate the materials needed just to name a few things.

I know you will have information over load by the time you finish reading through all of the information listed.

So.. Please come back to the community and ask any other specific questions you have. We have experts here in every step that you’re going to take to build and finish your deck and steps.

Thanks again for joining the community.

I look forward to seeing a picture or two of your deck. :smileyvery-happy:

Posted 2012-11-02T20:47:13+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+