Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

New appliance or new flooring

Question, I want to put hardwood flooring in my kitchen, but I also need a new dishwasher. Which should I put in first? The dishwasher or the hardwood flooring which is 3/4" thick.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-10-23T19:58:44+0000  by Momof3264 Momof3264

Hey Momof3264,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

In terms of ease of installation, a dishwasher is a very straightforward affair.

As long as you install it correctly, you can place the hardwood floors in first, since they will be much more difficult to put down over your subfloor.

A vast majority of dishwashers do not need to be installed over any new flooring; they can be placed over the subfloor directly. This allows you to remove and install it easier. 

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2017-10-23T22:43:51+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hello Momof3264 and welcome to the Community.

I would like to emphasize, that if you installed the dishwasher and then the floor you will have great difficulty removing the dishwasher in the future.  The dishwasher will not be able to slide out after the flooring is in place.  Another consideration is after installing 3/4" hardwood, you may not have the clearance between the flooring and the counter top to install a dishwasher.  Make sure before you processed that you know the space that will be required to install the particular dishwasher you desire.

The Minimum clearance information can be found in the Product Overview Details- Installation Guide, for the particular dishwasher you have in mind, on Home Depot.com.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2017-10-24T14:19:47+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+