Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

New installed shower pan

A contractor just redo our bathroom, now the shower pan(Firenze) crack. I try to apply epoxy but it work for a while. Any sugestion?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-01-27T20:46:39+0000  by berlian berlian

Hi Berlian, Welcome to the community.

It sounds like you should reach out to the contractor to see if they can replace the shower pan.  

Applying epoxy is not a permanent fix and the crack could enlarge. If that happens, water could go into wall and cause mold.  Hope this helps!

Posted 2011-01-27T23:16:39+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Hi FoodieKen,

Thanks for your advice. I did talk to the contractor and he told that replacing the shower pan he have to overdo everything The contractor said he is not responsible for the quality of the shower pan even he is the one who choose all the material installed (it is only less then 1 year old).

Do you think the shower pan manufacture(Firenze) is the one who is responsible like the contractor  suggest?

I still try to contact the manufacture (looking for the phone/web site, I appreciate if you can help with this)

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Berlian

Posted 2011-01-30T21:13:40+0000  by berlian

Hi Berlian, I'm really sorry to hear about your shower pan. Berlian was this a Home Depot contractor?, if so I can forward your request to our customer care department. .

I have provided a link to what I believe is the manufactures web site you're looking for. http://www.mascobath.com/about_asb.php

Please let me know if this was a Home Depot contractor. Hope this helps.

Posted 2011-01-31T17:38:19+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Hi FoodieKen, I should have Home Depot to redo my bathroom as I did installed my garage door and front door before. But anyway thanks for the information.

Berlian

Posted 2011-02-01T02:08:05+0000  by berlian

berlian wrote:

Hi FoodieKen, I should have Home Depot to redo my bathroom as I did installed my garage door and front door before. But anyway thanks for the information.

Berlian

In January I post problem with A new installed shower pan. I sent an email to Mascobath and they sent me a new shower pan. Now my problem is how to install the new shower(cost about $150.00) pan without redoing the bathroom (cost about $1000.00), Mascobath have a policy not to pay for the reinstalling.

Because their policy, I prefer not to risk using the Mascobath shower pan again.

Please advice. Thank you.

Berlian

Posted 2011-03-29T11:19:55+0000  by berlian

I am not a HD employee just a consumer as most of you

We will be installing a new shower in the next few months,so have been doing a lot of reading and looking.

It seems that everything you read is complaints about the pans cracking in less than a year.

I have came to the conclusion that even some contractors seem to think they can just throw the pan down on the floor install the sides and fixtures and they are done. It looks like the consumer is constanly caught in the middle of the contractor not making the pan good and the mfg. not wanting to pay for a reinstall

I suggest that before anyone installs a pan or have it done ask these questions to the contractor and the mfg

Who is paying for what t if anything goes wrong ?

Is the contractor bonded does he have the means to cover the loss and get it in writing

The other suggestion is read all you can about installing pans and before installing one make sure you re enforce the complete bottom  esp around the drain on the underside.

This can be done with a lumber and foam support or pour something and seat the pan inside the mix before it sets

There is a lot of info on the mfg sites and on the net about properly installing shower pans

Even if you are having it done you can be knowledgeable of the job being done correctly

Hope this helps

Posted 2011-03-29T19:32:37+0000  by Doc1

Thank you for your information. I will forward this to my contractor.

Doc1 wrote:

I am not a HD employee just a consumer as most of you

We will be installing a new shower in the next few months,so have been doing a lot of reading and looking.

It seems that everything you read is complaints about the pans cracking in less than a year.

I have came to the conclusion that even some contractors seem to think they can just throw the pan down on the floor install the sides and fixtures and they are done. It looks like the consumer is constanly caught in the middle of the contractor not making the pan good and the mfg. not wanting to pay for a reinstall

I suggest that before anyone installs a pan or have it done ask these questions to the contractor and the mfg

Who is paying for what t if anything goes wrong ?

Is the contractor bonded does he have the means to cover the loss and get it in writing

The other suggestion is read all you can about installing pans and before installing one make sure you re enforce the complete bottom  esp around the drain on the underside.

This can be done with a lumber and foam support or pour something and seat the pan inside the mix before it sets

There is a lot of info on the mfg sites and on the net about properly installing shower pans

Even if you are having it done you can be knowledgeable of the job being done correctly

Hope this helps

Posted 2011-03-31T03:23:01+0000  by berlian

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+