Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

New way to get military discount on purchases in store

Always used to just show my military ID to get a military discount in the store.  Was told I needed to sign up for the military discount where instead of showing my id - I hit the pro button on the register, put in my phone number associated with my military discount info and pay for my purchase.  I ALWAYS get an electronic receipt along with these transactions and I don't want that - how can I eliminate getting that electronic receipt?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-12-20T11:46:28+0000  by darryldukes darryldukes

Hi darryldukes,

I believe you are confusing Home Depot with Lowes. They require you to register prior to making any purchases, we do not require you to register. In addition we offer the military discount on regular and sale items. Lowes only offers the military discount on regular priced items.

Mike
Posted 2018-12-20T20:13:46+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Not confused.  I usually shop at the Home Depot store in Kitty Hawk, NC.  Recently they had customers who normally show their military id for discounts go on to their computer in the store and register for the military discount online.  Now instead of showing my military card there, when I'm paying for an item, I hit the "Pro" button, and put in the phone number I registered with and it automatically gives me the military discount.  But as I mentioned in my original post, every time I do that I automatically get an electronic receipt along with my paper one - and I really don't need all those extra receipts filling up my email box!  (I do shop at Home Depot on almost a daily basis.)  Whatever help you can give will be appreciated.
Posted 2018-12-21T14:37:25+0000  by darryldukes
Hi Darryldukes,

Sorry for the confusion, apparently the Kitty Hawk store and some additional stores on the east coast are conducting a trial of a new registration program for the military discount. They are adding your information to the Pro Xtra contractor discount program. This program tracks the purchases of our contractor customers and sends to them electronic receipts for each purchase. This allows them to track expenditures for each project they work on.

Contact the Kitty Hawk stores Pro Desk, ask them to open your pro extra account and stop the automatic receipt e-mails. That will end your e-mail problem. Thank You for your service and thanks for shopping at The Home Depot.

Mike
Posted 2018-12-27T20:36:27+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
I keep seeing people commenting that Lowe's only  offers a discount on regular priced items. This is false. They offer 10% off everything regular priced, sale priced, and clearance whether online or in store.
Posted 2019-01-21T14:04:31+0000  by DeSmithHandyman

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+