Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Offical Military Discount Policy

What is the official Home Depot policy for Military discounts? What are all the terms and conditions? What are the restrictions? What products and services are excluded? What products and services are included? Where is this policy published on Home Depots website and what is the link?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-07-04T20:12:58+0000  by Joseph17 Joseph17
I don't shop at Home Depot any more. The 10% discount was far and few between. I got hassled trying to get them to accept my DD214 and had to jump through all these hoops. While at Lowes, I brought in my DD214, they attached it to my account and I get the 10% off everything except when there is already a sale, like at Christmas when they give 20% off appliances or as such.

Home Depot has some great stuff, but I don't like getting kicked around by their policies. I want a no hassle policy which gives me my 10% off every day items, like tools, materials and odds and ends. I don't have time to be wasting trying to convince the store that I was in the military and that I have a disability. Just attach it to my card and let me do my shopping
Posted 2019-07-12T19:40:56+0000  by patrickcampbell
I don't shop at Home Depot any more. The 10% discount was far and few between. I got hassled trying to get them to accept my DD214 and had to jump through all these hoops. While at Lowes, I brought in my DD214, they attached it to my account and I get the 10% off everything except when there is already a sale, like at Christmas when they give 20% off appliances or as such.

Home Depot has some great stuff, but I don't like getting kicked around by their policies. I want a no hassle policy which gives me my 10% off every day items, like tools, materials and odds and ends. I don't have time to be wasting trying to convince the store that I was in the military and that I have a disability. Just attach it to my card and let me do my shopping
Posted 2019-07-12T19:40:56+0000  by patrickcampbell
I plan to place a large order at HD tomorrow but was worried after reading this thread. So, I reached out to customer care to receive an official copy of the military discount policy so I have it in hand for my purchase. This is what I was provided, but unfortunately, the SKU Exclusion List link is restricted access. 

Posted 2019-07-30T19:00:17+0000  by ECZ
It is a shame that Home Depot is willing to lose business to Lowe's with their failure to implement an online discount to the military. Lowe's system works very well, both in store and online. The potential for profit gain increases tremendously because so many more items can be carried online than in the store.
Posted 2019-09-14T17:56:51+0000  by July51
Yesterday we went to HD in Mansfield MA to order a number of lighting fixtures. Once the order was complete, my husband took out his Veteran's Military ID card and was immediately told he cannot use it for online purchases. What? We were at the store, not doing the order from home. After working our way through a few "managers" all of whom had no ability to make decisions, my husband was told NO DISCOUNT. So, instead of spending upwards of $1300., we left with a small purchase of slightly less than $20 with no plans to ever patronize HD again. 
Seems that unless the item is physically in the store, no military discount. We both like Lowes because of their verified pre-registration process and online purchases are included in the discount program. I cut up the HD credit card a few years ago when HD refused to extend the Vets' discount to spouses, Lowes does. The patronizing "thank you for your service" from HD as we left the store put closure on our ever shopping there again. 
Posted 2019-09-30T15:06:04+0000  by Jasper23
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+