Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Oh My Gourd!!!

Gathering:

At this time of the year the autumn, is all about the gatherings....... the gathering of friends and family to watch a football game, the gathering of ingredients to simmer something delicious in a crockpot, the gathering and raking of leaves in your yard, the gathering and planting of beautiful, colorful mums in your landscape and containers……and the gathering of pumpkins and gourds, at your front door, to create a harvest themed welcome.

I have just returned from the Blue Ridge Mountains, of North Carolina, where Grow2girl and I, were welcomed, and led on….. a true “harvest adventure”.  Our fantastic adventure started in the offices of, the Bottomley Farms; this is a family run, farm. Every day, the wonderful Bottomley families gather together in their office and orchestrate the harvest, and distribution of: pumpkins, gourds, Indian corn, hay, and corn stalks…. all things autumnal.

Generations of Bottomleys work alongside one another to sow, grow, maintain and harvest the utmost, highest, quality products, to be sold at The Home Depot.  Even the family dog is on the premises, watching each step, and no one passes him by without giving him a pat!  It is truly evident that, nurturing is the key to this family success. Whether it is in the 2000 acres of pumpkins and corn, or within the walls of the farms headquarters, it all grows because of love and devotion….. Love of the farms and the products, and the love of family.

Get yourself to your local Home Depot; gather some pumpkins and gourds, pickup corn stalks, create a harvest welcome at your home. Fall is a great time for decorating, place heaps of gourds and piles of pumpkins, invite the colors of the season to your front door…then….invite friends and family to gather and enjoy the harvest season!

Video 51 0 00 02-36.jpg

gourd3.jpggourd.jpg

They are so gourd-ous!!!!   Add some to your planters!!!  Welcome the Harvest!!!!

Video 61 0 00 17-52.jpg

Video 67 0 00 42-56.jpg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-10-02T18:28:44+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS Maureen_HD_BOS

Topic
Categories+