Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Old 54" Hampton Bay Windward II Model 54SHRL

Hi,

I have an old 54" Hampton Bay Windward II Model 54SHRL (UPC 082392552961), it is about 9 years old.  It stopped working about 1 month ago, it was working few days before that.

The problem is the remote no longer turn on the light or the fan, there is no other way to turn it on.  I checked the circuit box as well as getting an AC current detector to make sure the unit's power isn't a problem.  Also tried new batteries.  The guy at Home Depot here told me since my unit is old, I can try to get the latest remote/receiver unit and see if my fan can use it.  I take a quick look and it doesn't look like it, before I start to take apart my fan, I would like to know what other options I have.

Is the problem with the receiver/remote? If receiver is the problem, can it be replaced and if so can I get the part to do it myself?

Thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-01-23T02:13:50+0000  by coolblades coolblades

Hi, CoolBlades!

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community.

Yes, some fans are able to utilize universal remotes/receivers, but some are just made differently or have extra options on the remote like a reverse button, which don't work with those universal parts.

But that's okay because the parts you need should still be stocked by our parts department, King of Fans.
I just gave them a call to advise of your issues & they stated they still have receivers & remotes for this fan.

Please give them a call at your convenience with your UPC, so they can trouble shoot & diagnose what parts you need to resolve.

King of Fans

1-800-330-3267

Open M-F 8:30am-5pm EST.

Please email me if you have any more questions! Nicki_Care@homedepot.com.

- Thanks again, Nicki

Posted 2012-01-23T17:12:50+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Thanks!

I ordered the part from King of Fan and installed and everything is good again!

Posted 2012-02-06T18:59:19+0000  by coolblades

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+