Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Old Behr Paint Using a Pastel Base

I have been unable to match my Behr interior paint ( tried at HD, Lowes, Ben Moore, SW) from 2001.  I have always maintained a file of painted paper plates with the store generated color slips for future use. The size of the sample is sufficient but every test comes back too light with pink tones. Back then you could see the computer generated a color using a Red Oxide colourant versus a bright red and the Base was called Pastel.  The oxide toned the color down and I have the perfect khaki that takes on absolutely no hues of red or green.  (Originally it was a Restoration Hdw color). Its amazing how it is still a relevant color but my touch up walls are all too dissimilar to continue using the computer generated matches.  Any suggestions other than repainting the entire 4,000 sq ft of house?  Like I said, my paper plates are full size samples kept safely in a sample book.  
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-04-06T20:01:05+0000  by PamJenison PamJenison

It is unclear to me if you still have the original formula? The Pastel base still exists, but is now called a Medium Base. If you have the old formula, it should still be usable. There are a couple exceptions if the old formula used the old high VOC tints.
Posted 2018-04-07T05:40:05+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+