Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Outdoor Garage Lights look like something is missing

I just recently moved into this house and noticed that the outdoor garage lights don't come on. Looking to change the bulb, I see that something is missing. There is no place for a bulb. How can I fix this? I don't know how to add a picture, so I will try to describe it. Where a bulb would go is a flat plate with eight yellow squares positioned around the center. Each square has a number beginning with the letter D. D1 through D8. In the center of the numbers is a very small hole with two wire-like protrusions.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-20T19:11:45+0000  by BirdBrain BirdBrain

Does it look something like this?

If so, that's an LED.  Hard to say why it's not working.  Could there be a another switch or timer somewhere?
Posted 2015-07-20T21:28:30+0000  by Adam444

Hi BirdBrain,

From what you are telling us, it indeed sounds like the front of an integrated LED light fixture. Most of these in the industry are fused at the factory, so you unfortunately may have broken the seal on it.

In either case, if the fixture has a motion sensor head separate from the lights, you can attempt to replace it, but truthfully, it usually is just cheaper to replace the entire fixture. It saves time too, as the install would go up quicker.

We carry integrated LED outdoor security fixtures as well as standard socket ones as well at local Home Depot store. This would give you a fresh start without having to worry about troubleshooting your existing fixture.

That's just my 2 cents.

Joseph

Posted 2015-07-22T13:20:46+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+