Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Paint Help

Heya,

I purchased some paint for my room a while back, not from Home Depot but from a small store where I used to live. I wasn't sure how much I'd need to paint so I bought a gallon of the stuff. Needless to say, whoever was mixing the paint did a horrible job. I was painting over a white wall, did two layers, waited for it to dry, no luck. It looks nothing like what the color is supposed to be, and it looks absolutely terrible. And I still have over half a gallon of the stuff left!

I would really like to get the color of the paint I have left adjusted and repaint the wall, and I could use some advice about the best way to make that adjustment. I doubt I could get my exact color, but anything would be better than this. I have no interest in going back to the store, they are far away and they did such a poor job the first time. do you know if home depot would be willing to make the adjustment for a fee? Is there a way to ensure there's someone around when I go in who is knowledgable about paint and would really be able to help me?

I spent a lot of money on good quality paint, and I'm so upset that these folks managed to screw it up so bad. I could really use any help I can get.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-07-01T05:52:55+0000  by melr0se melr0se

Hello:smileyvery-happy:

It sounds like you have a real dilemma on your hands. Unfortunately different paints are tinted with specific coloring that’s designed to react to the paint bases they are added to.  With this in mind...It would be almost impossible to manipulate another manufactures paint product – especially with a partial can.

I am sorry about the unfortunate situation the other guys put you in, but I would recommend taking what’s left of the paint back to the store you got it from and get it resolved with management. 

The only other possible solution is to bring in a sample of the color that should have been in the can of paint you bought from the other guys.  We can match the color and mix it in quality paint like the BEHR ULTRA for you.  We will open the can and dry a sample down to show you that the color is right before you leave the store.

Hope this helps.  paiintpro.JPG

Posted 2012-07-01T15:55:59+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+