Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Paint color in commercial?

Hello, my mother-n-law and I have been trying for weeks to figure out what color paint was used in one of the Home Depot commercials. The commercial starts out with a women taking a picture with her phone of the ocean, and she selects a green part of a wave. It then shows her taking a picture of her living room and testing out the color on her walls. The couple then gets the paint at Home Depot and paints their living room. The color is a greenish blue? (The commercial also says that the brand paint used is Glidden) thank you so much, and we look foward to hearing back! 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-01-24T15:33:43+0000  by Jamesfamily11 Jamesfamily11

#N440-4 October Sky Paint

Greetings Jamesfamily11,

Sorry for the delay in the response to your question, but it took some digging! The color that you are seeking is actually a Behr color, that is why it was nowhere to be found on the Glidden site and even Glidden’s marketing department was at a loss for the color name.

After many phone calls and chats with experienced paint associates we have determined the color to be that of Behr “October Sky”, 4404..The color chip shown in the commercial, with the wave, is a Behr chip.

You certainly can have the color made with a Glidden paint, but the ad was just showing what paint was going to be on sale for that event.

Of course all shades of paint will appear different in different light, also the sheen and the finish will alter the color effect as well.

Image result for images of behr paint october sky

(this image was taken off the internet with the search October Sky paint images, it is the opposite of the commercial, the trim is October Sky here.

I suggest that you swing by your local Home Depot and pick up a sample of October Sky and try it, maybe get two different finishes and see how you like it!

I have to say since watching that commercial so many times, I adore the color too, I think that will be my next color choice for a color refresh in my home!

I would love to see a before and after of your painting project!  Maureen

Posted 2017-01-31T18:33:36+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+