Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Paint returns

We bought paint & the salesman convinced us we needed WAY more than we actually did, and instead used the amount that we went in to buy originally.  Is paint returnable?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-07T00:50:53+0000  by JoAnders JoAnders

Custom colors are not returnable.  I believe it says that right on the tag.

You might want to speak with the manager of the store where you purchased the paint.  Perhaps he/she will make an exception if you received incorrect advice from an associate.  

Posted 2014-01-07T01:55:32+0000  by Adam444

Sorry to learn of your problem JoAnders!

I couldn't agree more ... check with the Service Desk at the store where you purchased paint.

HOW MUCH PAINT DO I NEED?

It is one of the most asked questions at The Paint Pit.

And the answer requires only a few simple calculations; one room at a time.

First, measure the length around the room.

You can simply stride along the walls ... I typically count by two since my average stride is about two-feet.

For example, let's say you complete the walk-around and return to your starting point just as you count 48.

The combined length of your walls is approximately 48-feet.

Next, measure from floor to ceiling; normally the ceiling is either eight- or nine-feet.

Then, multiply the total length of your walls (48) times the height of your ceiling (8).

This example room has approximately (48 x 8) = 364-square feet of wall to be painted.

HOW MUCH DOES A GALLON COVER?

One gallon of paint will cover between 250- and 400-square feet.

So, on your example room which has approximately 364-square feet, your will need approximately one gallon of paint per coat ... two gallons if you intend to paint two coats.

APPROXIMATIONS:

Approximations are estimates, and you'll always need to wait between two- and six-hours before applying the next coat.

So, buy enough paint to complete one full coat and then go back for more during this dry-time.

Based upon how much paint you used on your first coat, you'll have an excellent idea how much you'll use on the next coat.

CONSERVE YOUR BUDGET AND THE ENVIRONMENT!

The methodology described above will help you reduce waste paint considerably!

Posted 2014-01-23T15:14:25+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+