Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Painting classes - worth it?

I'm not even sure if my local HD has classes or not, but my fiance and I are purchasing our first home and we need to patch the walls, tape and sand, and paint the ceiling, walls and trim.

Are classes worth it?

Is there any tips for patching walls with tape/fiberglass strips, sanding properly, painting ceilings, walls and trim properly?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks - Kim

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-11-13T23:03:37+0000  by kgould0109 kgould0109

have you checked out the numerous youtube videos? I found them extremely helpful 

Posted 2012-11-14T19:59:54+0000  by fallingwind

Hey there khould0109,

Thanks for joining the community!~

Congratulations on the purchase! Your first home is a big investment and there can be a lot of work to be done at the start, but it's all very rewarding at the end to know you've done it on your own : )

For the month of November, we will be running Interior Painting classes at all our store locations. They'll take place on Saturdays at 10am, and I would certainly encourage you to join us there. While the main focus will be paint and painting techniques, feel free to inquire about your patching questions as well! The workshop leaders will be more than happy to take the time either during or after the class to help you along!~

If you have some extra time available, we also have a class Small Updates for Kitchens that will take place on Saturday as well, at 1 pm. This will cover countertop surfaces, updating backsplashes and how to install under-cabinet  lighting. It sounds like it would be good information to take in for your new house, so hopefully you can make it to that as well!~

Any other questions you might have that aren't addressed at the classes though, feel free to bring back here and ask one of us or your peers, we'd be happy to help!~ = )

Posted 2012-11-15T14:44:43+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Hello Kim,

Approximately two out of every ten DIYers have never painted before coming to The Paint Pit for help.

They learn the same way you will ... by attending classes and hands-on application of paint.

I made this video for you to show where to find the class schedule and offer an overview of what you might learn.

Have a look:

So, the answer to your question is "Yes," you can learn from attending classes. And you'll improve your painting from the very beginning, rather than just learning from your mistakes!

Hope to see you there!

FINALLY: This link will take you to a general list of workshops ... the class schedule at your store may offer additional classes.

Posted 2012-11-15T16:23:14+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+