Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Painting inside of a closet?

Hello, I am repainting my whole house a uniform color in one of the Behr Ultra whites, which has a tint of beige/ivory in it.  My bedroom closets seems to have the contractor white in them.  Do people paint their closets?  I am used to the contractor white in my homes and have seen it in others, but was unsure if it's a desired thing to do now and/or if it helps or not when selling a home.  Thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-09T23:41:46+0000  by kcollins kcollins

I think most people leave their closets alone, unless it's a closet that is a walk-in or a room closet, then they would be decorated.  I personally would not paint my closet a color since they are hard to paint and would need updating with each new color the room changes to over time.  Since you are choosing a color from the white family, it would be ok to use the same paint for the closet and it would be ok to leave alone as is.  You also may want to pick and choose which closets to paint based on scuff marks inside, size, room importance (is this a master bedroom).  Again, I personally would not choose a vibrant closet color, especially when it comes to open houses in selling for down the road.  Just my two cents.  Good luck with the remodel.

Posted 2013-05-13T01:05:02+0000  by beth00
Hello kcollins!

Closets are most often painted off-white because these colors make low-light areas appear larger.

However, even through off-white is most common, there is absolutely nothing wrong with painting your closet a unique color.

Because dark colors make rooms "feel" smaller, you might plan to add lighting to compensate.

NOTE:
A Realtor might ask you to change it back when they contract to sell your home.
Posted 2014-07-31T23:52:25+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+