Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Painting questions

I had disappointment on items I bought from auction and I need help from pros.Let me tell that I am rookie in carpentry and painting. I bought 10 wooden tables advertised as 48" × 30", hard 
wood,nice color.  . I did not go see them ahead of auction which was my mistake and ended up paying 41 each for 10 of them in auction and with tax and auction charge was more than 500 but when I went to pick these tables tops only the top 1 in the shelf was little better else all of them have scratches and small holes. 

Now I want to restore this tablemail tops over this weekend.Me being rookie i cant tell if it is laminate,plywood or just paint over the wood.

My goal here is to fill those holes and either paint them very similar to its current color or if it is laminate I can replace the laminate too

I bought Woodfiller and put in the hole in one of the table  just to experiment, let it dry and sanded it and now small holes filled well and smooth. I can paint the whole table on top of wood filler but I am not sure it will look good since I don't know whether it has paint or outside layer

What would be the possible solutions to restore this tablemail tops. What is the outside cover if you can tell from the pictures  attached ie laminate,wood,etc. It has nice gloss though. I have taken picture of back side of table top too where you can see like outside layer stretched towards center.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-12-02T17:24:07+0000  by Sam12367i Sam12367i

Isn't there option to post the pictures 
Posted 2016-12-02T17:26:43+0000  by Sam12367i
Without knowing exactly what you tables are made of makes it difficult to offer specific recommendations for painting.  Generally speaking, I would give it a good cleaning and fill any nail holes.  I like Bondo because doesn't shrink but you only have about 10 minutes of open time so you need to move quickly and mix only small portions.  After the filler has dried, give the entire surface a light sanding with 150 or so grit paper just to rough it up a bit, removing any dust.  Use a good quality bonding primer like Zinsser's BIN followed by a couple of coats of an alkyd paint.
Posted 2016-12-05T09:51:19+0000  by Adam444
As for posting pictures, use the highlighted button.

If you need to adjust the size of the picture, if you click on the picture (after uploading) the little square "adjustment" size boxes appear around the picture.  Depending on where you started, the may actually be outside the composition window but you can still click/drag them to adjust the size.

Posted 2016-12-05T09:58:54+0000  by Adam444
Hello Sam12367i.

Adams method for posting pictures works for loading them off the internet.  If you have an image on your computer, call it up in Windows Paint or Photo Viewer and simply copy it to the clipboard.  You can then simply paste it into the post you have made.  This works best as an edit after you have originally posted your question.  I like to set the image at around 600 horizontal pixels to make the size right for viewing.

Chris.

Posted 2016-12-07T13:35:17+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+