Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

Patio Crumbling

I can't for the life of me figure out how I would go about fixing this.  Anyone have any direction to point me in?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-05-16T17:01:31+0000  by Jujuwah Jujuwah

Hello Jujuwah and welcome to the Community.

Your patio is crumbling do to moisture penetration and the effects of the freeze thaw cycles.  Your patio is made of concrete blocks.  Concrete is very porous.  When that moisture penetrates the surface, freezes and expands, it causes this type of damage.

One option is to clean the loose material and inhibit future damage by applying a CONCRETE SEALER. 

A product like GHOSTSHIELD SILOXA-TEX 8500 is intended to be used on cinderblocks/concrete blocks or bricks.  A proprietary blend of silane/siloxanes, this clear penetrating sealer not only prevents deicing salt and freeze-thaw damage, but its hydrophobic nature resists moisture intrusion and vapor transmission.

A similar product is EAGLE NAURAL SEAL. Protects concrete from freeze/thaw and de-icing salt damage. Rust-Oleum OKON Water Repellent Sealer is another.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2018-05-17T14:38:57+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Thanks so much!

I'll be doing that, I just ordered some from Home Depot.  

Do you know what I can do to "patch" or fix the part that is already crumbled?

Thanks
Posted 2018-05-18T03:16:17+0000  by Jujuwah
I should mention...it goes an inch or so deep.  This pic was taken after we packed the crumbling parts back in.
Posted 2018-05-18T03:17:23+0000  by Jujuwah

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+