Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Peeling

I have ran into an issue with paint that is completely peeling off of the interior walls, down to the paper on the sheetrock.  I used the BEHR premium paint, in 2014-2015.  Daughter wanted to change the color in her room and we decided to prep the walls to cover and found the problem.  Then entire room has completely peeled down to the sheetrock paper.  There is no sign of leaking pipes nor moisture on the walls.  I have tried several different times to upload an image of the problem but have had no success.  Could some one help me out and let me know what I should do?

Thanks,

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-10-20T13:03:24+0000  by renrut renrut

Hello renrut.  Welcome to the Community!

Since the entire room has completely peeled down to the original sheet rock paper, my guess is that the bare drywall was never cleaned or primed.  Paint, even the "paint 'n primer" type, just does not stick well to bare drywall paper and joint compound dust.  Since all the walls have been affected and this is not a bathroom, I suspect that humidity is not the cause.

Gently scrape off the remaining paint and wipe down the walls with damp towels or tack cloths.  Then apply a complete first coat of a dedicated primer.  Now you can paint the walls with confidence that the paint will stick.

Chris.

Posted 2017-10-20T14:38:54+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+