Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Pellet Fuel for Pellet Stove

I am looking for pellets for the pellet stove that's in my house. I thought they would be easy to find but searching online here and at another home improvement online store only seems to come up with pellet stoves and NOT pellet fuel (bags of wood pellets)

Is it something I'd have to special order? If so is there a min quantity order?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-01-13T01:42:08+0000  by Jaime Jaime

Greetings and welcome to our community,

At this point we at Home Depot do not offer pellet fuel through homedepot.com or in our stores in my market (Southern Region US) but I would be quite surprised if that does not change soon. The popularity of pellet stoves has increased due to the energy tax credits made available from the government beginning in 2009. The tax credit is up to 30% of the cost of the stove plus labor with a maximum of $1500.00 credit. The pellet stove must be at least 75% efficient to qualify and manufacturers have certificates of qualifying appliances.

Northern tool currently offers bio-fuels in pellet form by the bag, 12 bag lots, and buy the ton. You can see their offering by following the link below;

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_heaters-stoves-fireplaces+heater-stove-fireplace-accessories+firelogs-pellet-fuel+eagle-biofuels?

Happy to help and stay warm!

Posted 2011-01-13T12:49:49+0000  by HD116

Hi Jaime,

To add to Tom's thoughts, in December 2010, the Residential Energy Efficiency Tax Credit was amended and extended for another year. Changes have been made to this federal tax credit and it now provides 10 percent (up to $500) for the purchase of a qualified biomass-burning stove between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011.

• Any wood- or pellet-burning stove that meets the 75 percent efficiency rating qualifies.
  • Professional installation costs are included as long as installation is required for the proper and safe operation of the stove.

For more information, visit http://www.epa.gov/burnwise/appliances.html#pelletstoves

Tia, Community Moderator

Posted 2011-01-14T01:34:31+0000  by HomeDepotTia

We get our pellets from southern states, you can buy a bag or a pallet.

Posted 2011-01-17T17:34:59+0000  by nancyde55

Do your research.  Buy two bags to see how they burn. 

DO NOT buy Home Depot Pellet fuel, because clinker will build up in burn pot liner

Posted 2011-01-23T14:14:42+0000  by TrustMe1

Hi TrustMe1,

Would it be possible for you to email Stephanie_care@homedepot.com with some more information? We'd like to look into what type of pellet fuel you are referring to and what region you purchased it in.

Thanks!

Posted 2011-01-27T22:06:05+0000  by HomeDepotTia

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+