Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Pendant lights on a track lighting fixture

I have been looking at updating my track lighting (Progress) in my kitchen to some pendant lights. I have been told you can put pendant lights on a track fixture. I know they need some special mount to fit into the track and I was looking at some on sale with the mount already on it from Hampton Bay. But I am not sure if these will work on a Progress track system. They look the same but different manufacturers. Anyone know about these?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-31T23:36:34+0000  by Robinlynn Robinlynn

Hey Robinlynn,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Typically, pendant lights that can be placed on track systems will work....as long as they are on their respective systems.

With that said, I can't make a guarantee that your Progress Lighting Track System will be compatible for aesthetic and safety reasons, even if it did work.

Since each brand has its own type of finish, for example, the 'white' or 'brushed nickel' can and will vary from one brand to another. More importantly, you can risk voiding the UL rating for fire safety on your track, even if the brands are compatible with each other.

Our store (as of this writing) is piloting new Progress Lighting track systems that are an updated version in some regards to Hampton Bay. These are exact matches, but this is only for in-store, and one exception to the rule.

In short, it would be your best bet to keep everything consistent and choose Progress Lighting pendants lights that will guarantee a safe fit and look nice.

Let us know if you have any further questions,
Joseph
Posted 2014-04-12T14:10:30+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+