Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Picking colors for my new home

I need advice on colors for my new home. Carper is going to me a light brown with dark speckles.  I have dark brown leather furniture for the living room.  The trim in the living is white with a gloss.  In the kitchen I would like to go with a yellow but have a opening into the kitchen that used to have a fish tank in it and has red,and dark yellow flowers with dark green stems on it painted on a sea/turquoise green color which is also in the kitchen but is not completed.  The cabinets in the kitchen are a cherry wood color and the floor is a light beige tile.  I was thinking of going with a yellow in the kitchen but now sure how to coordinate this with the flowers that are in a window type entry to the kitchen and are visible from the living room.  I would like colors that will look good with my kitchen and blend into the living area with my furniture.  Not good with decorating at all!  Please help.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-07-22T18:20:46+0000  by mboren mboren

Welcome to our community mboren!

My name is Christine and I work at The Home Depot in Atlanta. It sounds like you have a lot going on over there! Picking out colors is a difficult decision. It is also a very personal decision.

Behr ColorSmart is an interactive tool on their website that can help you choose colors for your rooms. There is also an app for iPhone and Android. 

Also, Glidden On the Go is another interactive tool that is both on the Glidden website and available as an app for iPhone and Android. 

I encourage you to visit your local Home Depot store and peruse the paint chips. There are also 8 ounce paint samples available in both Behr and Glidden so you can see what the actual paint looks like in the room. I highly recommend getting a few samples because colors change depending on the lighting in the room. 

I hope this helps! 

Happy Painting!

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2012-07-23T19:21:23+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+