Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

Popcorn Ceiling Repair

How do I repair popcorn ceilings.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-23T16:50:48+0000  by mwoodie mwoodie

Hey mwoodie,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Depending on how large the damage to the popcorn ceiling will determine how it can be fixed.

For very small areas that haven't experienced water damage, you can use an aerosol form of popcorn repair. Click on the image of the can below for more information.

Please read the information and view the link in the image above. Simply spraying this without any protection (like using the box below for a spray shield), can cause more problems than what you have now. Still, make sure to wear old clothes and eye protection.

There are various textures available in can form, so be sure your matches up as closely as possible.

I'd recommend for ceilings that have water stains to prime them first. You can also use a spray form as well, but this primer below shoots straight up, reducing over spray.

After sealing the stain, you can then use the popcorn spray. Make sure to have plenty of drop clothes and/or newspapers on the floor so you any overspray (there will be a lot) can be contained.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions regarding repairing your ceiling.

Joseph

Posted 2013-11-23T17:17:00+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+