Sign In to join the community | Help
Lumber & Composites

Popcorn stand

Hello there! My child has a project. The project is to make a popcorn stand. The height of the popcorn machine is 75 cm, length is 50 cm and the width is 36 cm. My son said there are problems he has to deal with. 1. The stand itself has to be tall for the average human. He said the stand should be 101 cm tall. 2. The stand has to resist heat that the popcorn machine produces. 3.My son said that extra oil comes out of the machine, he wants to get a ramp that leads to a bowl at the bottom of the stand. So the question is what materials should he use for the stand and the ramp.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-05-23T18:44:25+0000  by Natty Natty

Hello Natty,

Welcome to the community.

That sounds like a fun project for your son to be taking on.

I would suggest building it out of wood and then covering the top with stainless steel. If he’s in high school they may have a metal shop that can help him fold over the edges. Otherwise he can make it the same size of the wood underlayment top. Just make sure he files the edges and corners really good so they’re not sharp.

You could also use the stainless steel for the ramp to collect the excess oil.

Stainless steel would be very durable and cleans up really well.

Another suggestion would be to use a piece of laminate counter top or apply a sheet of laminate with edge tape to the top. Use a formed piece of metal for the excess oil ramp. It could be as simple as creased down the middle so the oil will follow the crease down to the catch basin.

I would love to see pictures of the popcorn cart once he gets it built. So if you get a chance please post some pictures here on the community so that we all can admire a job well done.  

Let me know if you have any other questions. I would love to help.

Posted 2016-05-25T19:42:29+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+