Sign In to join the community | Help


In the back of my house I have a in-closed back porch that has a washer.dryer and also a storage cabinet. 

I would like to know what is is the best way to make the floor not slant anymore? it is starting to get hard to open the back door now. I saw something about jacks? Should i get a professional? It is dirt under the porch no cement. Or can i get a jack a pop it up where it isn't slanting anymore?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-02-08T19:03:42+0000  by Aprild15 Aprild15

Hi Aprild15,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Using a jack is indeed the best solution for viewing and then repairing the slope in your porch.

However, doing it yourself without having previous experience shouldn't be attempted alone.

Your safest bet is to at minimum consult a general contractor in your area who can give you detailed advice. If it's done on-site at your home, he or she can tell you the steps needed specifically for the porch to raise it safely.

Failure to use house jacks can lead to damaging your home and even injury/death to the user, so it's very important to either know how to use it, or to hire someone who can.

My opinion on the matter is the latter version; since a licensed contractor can give you even more tips on specific and quantity of materials as well as proper usage of the housejack.

Let us know if you have any further questions,


Posted 2016-02-08T21:01:04+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question