Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Prem Plus Flat Enamel Ingredient Question

I want to repaint some bedrooms in my house that have allergy and chemical sensitive family members. Which paint version of Behr would be best for their bedrooms? Also, I assume it's the Prem Plus and I was looking at the flat enamel and I notice one of the ingredients is Crystalline Silica. I did a google search of this ingredient and some sites say that it's in low/no VOC paint and may be more dangerous compared to the other latex paints. Could you please advise if there are any dangers associated with this ingredient and if so, in what capacity of usage (such as during the painting, curing, sanding in a few years with sandpaper to change color, touching the wall after being cured, etc.) Thank you.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-26T19:49:33+0000  by annhayes annhayes

Annhayes,

I think your concerns were better directed directly to Behr at their website WWW.Behr.com. At the top of the home page you will see "safety". Click on it and you will be taken to a page where you can bring up the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for most of Behrs paints and products.. Should you not find your answer there, Behr is available online 7 days a week at 1-800-854-0133 Ext.2. They have general office hours, Pacific Time.

Hope this has helped.

Posted 2013-04-28T04:49:11+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+