Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Problem with Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Midili 44 Inch Brushed Nickel Indoor Fan Model #68044

I purchased this fan in August 2016, it was installed and worked well for the first few weeks. The fan was turned on last week, and now we can not get the fan to turn off. We have checked the remote and the dipswitch on the remote, all are set to correct settings. The battery is registering at full and the remote lights up when buttons are pressed.  The fan has no chain so we are unable to manually turn off the fan. One item of note: the light on the fan  is connected to a single wall switch so we have never used the remote to power the light, only the fan. I have called two repair people who simply told me to replace the fan, I am reluctant to do that since it is essentially brand new and was working fine - the light and fan are still working, we just can't get it to turn off!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-09-25T13:44:20+0000  by stacys stacys

Thanks for joining us here on the community, stacys.

It sounds like a case where you can save the fan, but you will have to replace the receiver for the remote for your Hampton Bay 44" Midili Ceiling Fan.

Hampton Bay Midili 44 in. Brushed Nickel Indoor Ceiling Fan

After looking over the instruction manual for your ceiling fan, the receiver can easily be replaced without having to take down the fan.

The receiver is a small wallet-size piece that is located inside your fan where it meets the ceiling. You  or someone that works with ceiling fan installations can easily replace this.

When you purchase a new receiver, you'll be buying the remote with it as well.

You can contact Hampton Bay with the number shown below, so you can see since you just purchased the fan, you may be able to get a replacement remote and receiver at no charge. Contact them first to see, and if not, you can purchase a universal remote/receiver kit we sell at any local Home Depot in the lighting department, right next to the ceiling fans.

Image result for hampton bay customer service

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2016-09-26T15:37:18+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+