Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Problems Finding Wall Paint to Coordinate with Old Oak Kitchen Cabinets (Orange/Yellowish Tone

I must have 20 bottles of paint samples and nothing appears to work.  I tried an accent wall, Behr Waterscape (choosing a color from the countertop).  Now, I can't find another color for the other walls.  The beige turns green and the greys all seem too purple or blue.  I have a mission style home and alot of wood and I think it changes the paint color.  I have white subway tile as part of my backsplash.  Any suggestions.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-01-18T23:21:19+0000  by Sheba Sheba

Hello Sheba,

By no means am I  a paint expert, but I did have that problem myself. I had a grey paint that I couldnt find a gray to match until i had someone look up greys in the paint dept where the only ingredient was black and white. Also, when trying out beige colors look at the ingredients, green pigment is used to soften beige colors and take the red out, that may be your issue, check the ingrediants with a paint associate to see if they can help with the tones. For a beige tone I used 'chino' It should be in the software to look up in a Behr paint-don't use Glidden paint as it may change the tone. It looks a lot the same in different lights.

Hope this helps,

Gardengail

Posted 2013-01-18T23:46:21+0000  by Gail_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+