Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Problems with previous contractors' work in family bathroom. Would like to fix on my own.

Hello everyone, just signed up as I have some problems in the bathroom "finished" today that are really bugging me.  Two contractors came by this past weekend and today to work on a small bathroom in my family's house and I can tell they did a sloppy job, which my family has to fix.  What I would really like to know is (1) what is easy to fix on my own, and (2) what another (hopefully reliable) contractor would have to fix.  Pictures are provided to assist with explanations.

This is a picture of sanded grout between a backsplash, but the grout got on to the backsplash and now its stuck.  This happened at least... 6 other times.  We have extra backsplash, so I think removing tiles individually from the wall and replacing them would be the best way to fix.

DSC04757.JPG

This is a picture of tile cut and laid underneath.  The edge is like this the whole length of the window and going down both sides.

DSC04760.JPG

Here is another picture.  Tile is placed within that window border area.

DSC04759.JPG

Large spacing between finishing tile border and wall.

DSC04761.JPG

Along the side of the tub; the space between the tile and the tub gradually gets larger as it goes down.

DSC04764.JPG

I would like to fix as much of these errors as possible, as my parents already are stressed out and disappointed with the product they paid a lot of money for.  If anyone can provide assistance about anything, that would be a huge help for all of us.

Thank you.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-25T10:29:47+0000  by nivlac nivlac

Hello nivlac and welcome to the community!

I agree with you, the contractor did a terrible job. The best way to fix the problem area is to remove the tile & replace it. It won't be easy, but if you try using a multi ocsillating tool to carefully remove the tile and not disturb the rest, that tool will be very helpful. 

Please let know how it goes, or if you have other questions. 

Posted 2013-05-03T20:11:39+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+