Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Product to waterproof/protect outdoor bar(wood) painted w/Latex semi-gloss house paint?

aaaa bar.jpgAAA bar.jpg

#1)  Hello, I'm making this outdoor buffet from Home Depot's project ideas. I painted it w/Latex semi-gloss house paint and am looking for a specific product to waterproof and protect it. 

#2) Also, as you can see (sort of!) in this pic, I used a dremel to carve trees  and the word "tavern." Any idea what type of paint for the carved portion?

Thanks so much for your help :-)

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-09-11T05:07:11+0000  by vicksta1 vicksta1

Hello Vickista1!

Thank you for your questions!

Since you are using an exterior paint you don't have to put a clear coat on top of it. The paint itself will stand up to weather and the Sun. Many clear coats will yellow over time and will break down pretty quickly.

The carved portion, which is beautiful (on a side note), should be painted with an exterior grade paint and applied with a small paint brush. It would be best if the sheen was the same as the rest of the piece.

If you have anymore questions, please let us know!

Christine :)

Posted 2013-09-11T13:19:18+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Thanks so much, Christine! I just thought since I live Mass., the bar would benefit from some extra protection. And I'm glad you liked my carving-I'll post a pic when it's done :-)

Posted 2013-09-11T21:16:37+0000  by vicksta1

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+