Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Programmable Thermostats

Hello all,

I was wondering if it is possible to go from a honeywell 2 wire tstat to a programmable tstat. Most of the progrmmable ones that I've been looking at need 3 wires. I need some help on this decision due to the fact that I am a first time home owner.

Regards,

Gabe

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2010-11-20T07:58:27+0000  by gabe gabe

gabe! welcome to the community!

aboveaveragejoe here with some good news, you CAN upgrade to a programmable thermostat with only 2 wires! Sounds like you have a heat only system with no extra things like a fan or cooling since its just those wires. Getting a programmable thermostat is a great choice for cutting down on your heating bill. Here is Home Depot's buying guide with selections to choose from for upgrading your thermostat.

Thermostat Guide

Have a great day

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2010-11-20T20:12:30+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Dear AAJ,

Does HD have an online guide to installing programmable thermostats?  I have an old dial thermostat that controls heating / cooling / fan.  I would like to learn how to do this myself and save some $$.

Thanks,

PJ

Posted 2010-12-21T03:41:32+0000  by pbergman

Hey pbergman, and welcome to our community!

Here is the link to The Home Depot’s 3 step online project guide for installing a programmable thermostat:

http://bit.ly/fIruCE

Also at this project guide is a link to watch a video cleverly titled “Installing a Programmable Thermostat”.  The link is in the grey box next to step 2.

I hope this helps.

Newf

Posted 2010-12-21T17:29:59+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+