Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Q R Scanner

Home Depot is moving up in the technology world by offering QR barcodes on some of the plants and plant products that are offered in our stores.   With the use of Smartphone technology, you can download an app that will give you all the information you need to grown a healthy garden! The new barcodes provides convenience at your finger tips to help you get the job done right.

When you scan the barcode it will link you back to The Home Depot Mobile Library where you can get basic information on that particular item.  For example if you scan a barcode for tulips, it will tell you:

• when to water
    • how far they should be spaced apart
    • what plants go good in a group together
    • and how much light it needs

The barcode scanner app can be found at www.homedepot.com/scan

These barcodes will be located on either the top or middle of the tag and looks like this:

Community_Code.jpg

If you have any questions on this or any information, we are here to help. 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
    Posted 2011-02-18T20:44:57+0000  by FlyingHDsod FlyingHDsod

When I click on the android link it comes up saying invalid link or unavailable.  Is there an app for the andriod?

Posted 2011-04-16T01:06:23+0000  by marg1986

Hello marg1986   I go by, elect_answers on the forum, my name is Ralph. Welcome to the forum. If you have an Android phone or tablet there definitely are several scanner apps for you / us ( I also have an anadoid phone ). The easiest thing to do is to open The Marketplace from within your phone, and go to the productivity section. In that section you should find at least 2 apps to choose from. I am working with the one called : Quick Mark QR Code Reader ,  it was free to download, and as I said it works fine for me. You can use your phones browser but some phones do not want you downloading apps directly, and setting the permissions to allow it can be a problem in the future. The Marketplace is a simpler solution. 

Hope this helps,  Ralph

Posted 2011-04-28T05:45:19+0000  by elect_answers
    Marketplace: scanlife
    Posted 2011-05-08T14:13:22+0000  by metassociate

I down loaded the app per your instructions below.  I have a Blackberry Bold.  Down load complete, app is on my phone.  Problem: When I click on the app it takes me to a screen that reads "Application Permissions Request, ScanLife Barcode Reader is requesting permission to use the following resources:

Personal Information."

There is a checked box next to "Personal Information"  I "uncheck" it.

Then I click on "Save". 

Then it takes me to the screen allowing me to use the app which works fine. 

But afterwards when I click on the app again it brings me to the same "Application Permissions Request" and I have to uncheck use for Personal Information again.

Why is it taking me through this inconvenient step each time?

Posted 2011-05-10T00:16:42+0000  by dwgatlanta
    When did Home Depot start using barcodes?
    Posted 2016-08-30T13:52:52+0000  by GHC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
    Categories+