Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

Quarter Round and Angles

I've just finished installing a house full of beautiful hardwood flooring. I'm struggling with quarter round installation.... 90 Angles are no problem but we have some room with very non standard angled walls. Any suggestions on how to find the proper angles to cut the quarter round? 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-07T07:23:43+0000  by yogamomma34 yogamomma34

Hello yogamomma34, and welcome to the community!

What you experience is quite common, most walls are mostly straight vertically & horizontally, but when it comes to 90 degrees for an inside or outside corner, that's a different story. 

When you are installing moulding that will be painted, you can always fudge the miter or joint with a little paintable caulk. But when it come to stained wood, you want those same joints to be as perfect & tight as possible. 

I great tool to have in your toolbox is a T-Bevel. This tool will allow you to capture a specific angle, tighten the wing nut, then transfer that angle to the work surface so you can cut it perfectly. There is a wide range of prices, from $5 to $50 with the more expensive being digital or made from exotic wood. 

Johnson T-Bevel.jpg

Posted 2012-09-07T13:56:57+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+