Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Quick Wall Project

I have some 16" square boards on my wall that are held up by magnetic brackets. The brackets are installed by anchors and screws, so they made many small holes in the drywall. This weekend, I was thinking about taking them down, including the brackets, so that I could fix and repaint the wall and reinstall the brackets, this time more accurately with a cordless screwdriver, rather than a manual one.

I can't spend too much money on this, though. The total cost (I'm aiming for) shouldn't be more than $100 at the most. So my questions are: What is a quick fix for small holes in drywall? How can I get a perfect match for paint that I don't have a sample of? And what is a cheap cordless screwdriver that will still be of good quality?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-01-13T16:44:18+0000  by Machete Machete

Hi Machette, this is Mike The Home Depot Answer Man

To fix your drywall, you can use spackle, or drywall joint compound, just apply to the holes let dry and sand smooth.  If you are going to reposition the brackets, you can use a hammer to recess the anchors into the wall and use the spackle or drywall compound to cover the holes.  I have included below a link to our video on drywall repair, it will answer all your questions on products to use and how to use them. You can purchase new anchors and screws at your local Home Depot. The instructions are on the package.

As far as matching your paint color, there are several ways to do it. You can go to the store and pickup paint color charts, and try to find a similar color, take a picture of the wall and take it to the store or the best method is to cut out a one inch square sample from the wall, use a drywall patch and your spackle or drywall compound to repair it and take the sample to the store and have our paint associates perform a computerized color match.  I would buy a gallon of paint and paint the entire wall. This is much easier than trying to paint only selected areas, even if you have a perfect paint color match.

We offer Behr Premium Plus which is an excellent paint. We also off Glidden and Martha Living paint. The paint department associate will asset you’re in choosing the best paint for your project.

We offer at The Home Depot several inexpensive cordless screwdrivers. One is from Ryobi and the second is from Black and Decker. Both sell for less than $40.00. I have included links below.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Mike,

http://community.homedepot.com/t5/Maintain-Clean-Organize/Drywall-hole-repair/td-p/6629

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100671597/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100634089/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Posted 2011-01-13T18:43:36+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+