Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

RINO TUFF HEAVY DUTY TRIMMER HEAD.

I INSTALLED THE RINO TUFF HEAVY DUTY TRIMMER HEAD ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO. I JUST BOUGHT A NEW TRIMMER AND WANT TO PUT IT ON THE NEW ONE. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE IT. I FORGOT !!!!!  THANKS, LARRYZ.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-18T20:35:48+0000  by LARRYZ LARRYZ

Hey LARRYZ.

It will probably come off like most trimmer heads. Above the head, near the shaft there should be a hole that  will line up with another hole when you turn the trimmer head. If you find these and line up the holes, you will then stick a skinny screwdriver in the hole in order to get the head to stop spinning. Try to twist the head off. If it is not coming off with some resistance then try turning it the other way, as some trimmers, like the Echo's have reverse threads.

I have always told the customer in my 16 years of working in the store that if they could not get it off, to just bring it in the store and let us get it off because so many trimmers come apart so differently. If you can't get it off bring it into your nearest Home Depot and let them take it apart for you.

Posted 2013-05-19T17:53:39+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

thanx for the info.

Posted 2013-05-19T19:52:43+0000  by LARRYZ
To remove any trimmer head, turn the head (or retaining bolt) in the direction that the head travels. On string trimmers, look for the cut off blade for the string. The travel goes toward that little blade.

Travis
Posted 2013-05-24T12:22:17+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+