Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Ralph Lauren Paint

I have painted my entire interior of my house with Ralph Lauren Paint, along with my husband's office. I was disappointed that you no longer carry this paint. Can I still get their colors using a different brand if I bring in the lid with the color mixture on it? Thanks Chris

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-05-17T23:17:52+0000  by kathy36 kathy36

Welcome to our community Kathy36! 

My name is Christine and I work at The Home Depot in the paint department.  Many customers of mine have been disappointed that we no longer carry Ralph Lauren paint, but not to worry, I have a solution for you! 

At your local Home Depot, the paint associate should be able to look up your Ralph Lauren color as a competitor formula. It is the same process as looking up a Sherwin William paint, for example. Ralph Lauren has recently been added to our competitor formula book. After your color is found, it can be made in any brand of paint that you would like. Bringing in the lid would be helpful so we can make sure that the color name and number match. 

Let us know if we can help with anything else, 

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2011-05-18T11:03:51+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Another choice would be to call Colour Palette in Shelbyville, Indiana.  We still carry all the Ralph Lauren Paints and would be happy to ship them to you.  Our number is 317-398-9544.

Posted 2012-02-10T14:21:42+0000  by josie23

The HD computers can generate a close facsimile of the Ralph Lauren Colors, however, if I were trying to touch up an existing RL on the wall, I would track down the local RL dealer in an effort to get a more exact replica. Matching touch-up is very difficult to do. Not only does the color have to be right on, but the sheen also.

Of course, if you are willing to "touch-up" a whole section of wall from corner to corner, the HD facsimile wil be close enough.

Posted 2012-02-11T05:25:24+0000  by ordjen

Hey Kathy!

Christine got it exactly right!

The formulas for Ralph Lauren colors were added to the competitor formulas in the computer at The Paint Pit.

I have consistently made these colors and my customers report that they are very accurate when (the same sheen) is applied as touch-up over the original RL paint.

Although these colors are available in almost every product we sell, I have found that Glidden's sheens are most similar to those in the original Ralph Lauren paints (i.e. RL eggshell appears most similar to Glidden eggshell).

The Home Depot does not re-create the RL specialty products like Regent Metallics and Candlelight.

So as my fellow paint expert, ThePaintAvenger, says ... Have No Fear (Ralph Lauren colors are still here)!

Posted 2012-03-08T21:29:54+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

I went to my local Home Depot Paint Desk and asked about Ralph Lauren - River Rock finish in Sandstone Cliff color.  They said it was not in the Home Depot computer.

Posted 2012-07-08T16:17:07+0000  by bgelyhome

I went to my local Home Depot Paint Desk and asked about Ralph Lauren - River Rock finish in Sandstone Cliff color.  They said it was not in the Home Depot computer.  I also found that when I went to the Ralph Lauren Paint dealer and purchased a gal of the River Rock Sandstone Cliff paint that the color did not match the mix of paint I got from Home Depot.  The original Home Depot paint was much lighter.

Posted 2012-07-08T16:22:44+0000  by bgelyhome

Hello BgelyHome!

Sorry for the confusion.

In the earlier post, I mentioned that while we create Ralph Luaren "paint colors"  from the formulas in the computer, we can no longer create the "RL specialty products."

Unfortunately, River Rock is one of those specialty products; and one of my favorites because it contains the synthetic blue silica chips that add color as well as texture.

On the color issue, tints vary between manufacturers. So the color variation my not be fixed, except if they make a manual adjustment to the formula at the RL Store.

Posted 2012-07-10T15:31:58+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

I just saw a new Behr Ultra commercial.  There is a brown wall with a cream color trim.  What are these two colors?  Love them!  Thanks

Posted 2012-07-10T21:06:37+0000  by menfallsmom

Welcome to our community menfallsmom!

Is this the commercial you are referring to? 

ScreenShot

Please let us know if this is it, and we will get the colors to you soon!

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2012-07-11T16:49:17+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Christine,

I'm not sure if that is the commercial.  I usually remember commercials with dogs.  The opening scene has shot directly on a wall with cathedral ceiling (it is the back wall) .  Wall is brown with cream/off white  trim.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Posted 2012-07-11T18:00:02+0000  by menfallsmom
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+