Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Ralph Lauren Paint

I have painted my entire interior of my house with Ralph Lauren Paint, along with my husband's office. I was disappointed that you no longer carry this paint. Can I still get their colors using a different brand if I bring in the lid with the color mixture on it? Thanks Chris

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-05-17T23:17:52+0000  by kathy36 kathy36
You May Now Rejoice Chris!

Ralph Lauren specialty finishes (Metallic, River Rock and Suede) have just returned to The Paint Pit.

The display can be found adjacent to the mixing station and you'll notice that the colors are as vibrant as ever.

On the same display, you'll find the applicators for these paints.

And, if only a touch up is called for, you'll find quarts there as well as gallons for larger projects.

Follow up and let us know how easy touch up really is.
Posted 2014-07-08T17:39:34+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Hello CrystalVR1!

The RL metallic line of paints is part of a "specialty" series that used unique bases.

So, while the standard RL paint colors can still be made in the paints sold at The Home Depot, those unique bases are not carried any longer.

Our current Martha Living Specialty Paints offer metallic colors in unique bases similar to the RL Regent Metallic ... but they are not exact duplicates.

If you work with your Paint Associate, you may be able to adjust one of Martha's metallic colors to be similar.

NOTE: The emulsions that help create the metallic appearance are not the same in these products. So you cannot expect to use ML Precious Metals to touch-up RL Regent Metallic.

Posted 2013-01-24T14:43:18+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

QUESTION !! I am dying to get my hands on the metallic line of paint they had a great turqioiuse color would you also be able to replicate the metallic colors ?

Posted 2013-01-24T03:55:05+0000  by crystalvr1

Unfortunately, the Ralph Lauren name and number only references the color, not the sheen. If you have a sample of the paint, the Home Depot  associate can make an educated judgement as to which sheen was used. RL was available in a flat, eggshell, satin and semi-gloss, very similar to the Glidden paint line. Glidden was the manufacturer of the RL line.

Hope this has helped.

Posted 2013-01-14T04:45:47+0000  by ordjen

I have a name and number for a Ralph Lauren paint. If I take that to the Store, will it tell them the sheen?

Posted 2013-01-13T23:29:18+0000  by Billmuroswmuros

I had a paint shop go through 5 tries to replicate a Ralph Lauren paint color. In the end they got close but if wasn't the exact color,  There is no substitute for the real thing.

Posted 2013-01-05T16:26:36+0000  by Steve66

Hello Angela and Brooke!

Photographic lighting as well as the aperture setting on a camera lens and the display settings on your computer or television can significantly change the appearance of a color.

After looking carefully at the image in this thread, the closest Ralph Lauren color is VM93 English Tan.

If you need an example, your Paint Associate should be able to make a half-pint sample and the Ralph Lauren colors can be made in almost any paint we sell.

Brooke: I apologize, I don't have a visual reference for the blue color. Maybe another member of The Community who has seen the commercial will be able to help.

Posted 2012-10-02T13:44:25+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

This is the brown color I am looking for from that same commercial. Please let me know as soon as you can would like to start this project as soon as possible. Thanks!!

Posted 2012-09-28T00:32:00+0000  by angeladavidson

You can now purchase the full line of Ralph Lauren Paint at Toys and Home, 419 W. Aurora Road, Sagamore Hills, Ohio 44067. Open 7 days a week. Call Jackie at 330-908-3298.  They offer contractor discounts and shipping.

Posted 2012-08-28T18:15:11+0000  by JJohnson

I was wondering what the paint color is for the brown and also the paint color for the blue room that follows this in the same commercial (there is a blue couch, blue pillow, and blue walls.) 

Thanks so much! 

Brooke

Posted 2012-08-01T21:53:06+0000  by brookeb2
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+