Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Ralph Lauren Paint

I have painted my entire interior of my house with Ralph Lauren Paint, along with my husband's office. I was disappointed that you no longer carry this paint. Can I still get their colors using a different brand if I bring in the lid with the color mixture on it? Thanks Chris

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-05-17T23:17:52+0000  by kathy36 kathy36

Hello CrystalVR1!

The RL metallic line of paints is part of a "specialty" series that used unique bases.

So, while the standard RL paint colors can still be made in the paints sold at The Home Depot, those unique bases are not carried any longer.

Our current Martha Living Specialty Paints offer metallic colors in unique bases similar to the RL Regent Metallic ... but they are not exact duplicates.

If you work with your Paint Associate, you may be able to adjust one of Martha's metallic colors to be similar.

NOTE: The emulsions that help create the metallic appearance are not the same in these products. So you cannot expect to use ML Precious Metals to touch-up RL Regent Metallic.

Posted 2013-01-24T14:43:18+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
You May Now Rejoice Chris!

Ralph Lauren specialty finishes (Metallic, River Rock and Suede) have just returned to The Paint Pit.

The display can be found adjacent to the mixing station and you'll notice that the colors are as vibrant as ever.

On the same display, you'll find the applicators for these paints.

And, if only a touch up is called for, you'll find quarts there as well as gallons for larger projects.

Follow up and let us know how easy touch up really is.
Posted 2014-07-08T17:39:34+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
I used Ralph Lauren paint in 2005 and am now refreshing that room.  Seeing it is no longer available where I bought it, I Googled the topic and found this blog and read the inputs by Home Depot personnel.  I went to HD Dewitt NY with the color and they supposedly had the RL formula in the system for this color (Sisal, eggshell), as suggested in this blog.  The woman in the paint department was very confident - actually dismissive of my inputs (e.g., I pointed out the base was brilliant white).  She said it doesn't matter because the formula will be adjusted for the base used.  The color mixed was ALL WRONG.  I am out the cost as a special "not returnable" purchase.  I went to a paint store, Purcell's, and they matched it PERFECTLY with Benjamin Moore Manor Hill paint. The match is so exact I can touch-up as compared to needing to paint entire walls.   Very disappointed with HD here. 
Posted 2017-04-14T16:36:34+0000  by DIYer58
Can anyone please give me or tell me where I can find thr formula to the Ralph Lauren suede paint Fawn's leap RU # SU78? I cannot find it anywhere....
Posted 2017-05-16T22:59:01+0000  by Jax398
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+