Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Ramsond Ductless a/c

I purchased a Ramsond ductless a/c and it is not whisper quiet like they said it would be

have any suggestions of how or why it is not quiet and what can I do about it.  Thanks.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-27T19:19:14+0000  by Kelly1960 Kelly1960

Howdy Kelly 1960,

Installing a split AC is easy for any AC company, but can get tricky for a homeowner.  Not only are specific tools and knowledge required to complete setup, but installation includes electrical, gas, and refrigerant connections that are often regulated by a set of laws at the state, local and federal level. 

9bbe3d06-30e1-4297-a7a9-9f4f2102b0a6_300.jpg

Installation of mini split air conditioners requires the ability to work with both refrigerants and electricity.  When purchasing any ductless air conditioner be aware of the voltage requirements in the manufacturer specifications.  The most common electrical specifications will require either 110 volt or 220 volt wiring. 

Perhaps the unit was not properly seated and has caused undue vibration. Using some rubber washers and weather stripping to create shock absorbition has been a fix for noise problems on some units.

Last but not least, maybe your unit is off balance or defective. It's a bit difficult to know for sure without comparing to another unit to see if this is just the amount of noise the unit usually makes. I would see about hearing a floor model plugged in and compare with my own.

Happy Air-conditioning,

Posted 2013-06-28T00:45:22+0000  by Dave_HD_OC

Thanks so much for the quick response.  I wish Home Depot had this unit on display so I could compare, I do know that the Mitshubi are quiet, and Ramsond are suppose to be too.  I did have  a HVAC company install and they even came by to check and they found nothing wrong, so I guess this noise level is something I will have to deal with, just thought all ductless were quiet and even some of the reviews said it was quiet.  Well again thanks and if you can think of anything else please let me know. 

Posted 2013-06-28T01:12:05+0000  by Kelly1960

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+