Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Rather than replacing my asphalt roof I have decided to paint. Need recommendation for primer, paint

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-30T16:38:29+0000  by Paintgeek Paintgeek

Hello paintgeek!

Depending in which market you reside, there is likely a product for your roof in-store or online.

If your neighborhood or local covenants allow white roofing, I would recommend Henry Solarflex White Roof Coating

The manufacturer says:

"With Henry 4.75-Gal. 287 White Roof Coating, you can both protect your roof from the elements and significantly reduce energy costs. This rubberized, water-based acrylic latex coating, when properly applied, is highly resistant to disbanding, chalking, mildew and discoloration.

• Highly-rubberized, water-based coating offers 90% reflectivity to lower interior temperatures as much as 35% and up to 20 degrees fahrenheit
  • Waterproof for immediate repelling of water
  • Can double or triple roof life when used and maintained
  • Bonds to most roof surfaces including mobile homes, motor homes, old tar, asphalt, metal, concrete, roll roofing and modified rolls
  • Apply with a brush, sprayer or 3/4 in. pile paint roller to cover 100 sq. ft. per gal. on already white roofs
  • Expands and contracts with your roof to protect it from leaks, aging, mold, mildew and fungus and is environmentally friendly
  • Energy star and underwriters laboratories rated
  • Not recommended on shingles as curled edges may result during drying of older shingles"

California residents should review state restrictions before purchase.

Posted 2013-09-03T17:10:59+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+