Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Reach Customer Care / Empty Package Delivered

I haven't been able to reach HomeDepot.com online customer service in the past 6 weeks (since COVID lockdown started). Currently, I have been on hold for over an hour. I have an order that delivered with the envelope that was already torn/opened via UPS, and the contents were empty. How can I get help on this?

Thank you,
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2020-05-18T15:09:51+0000  by Sawzall Sawzall

Hey Sawzall,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Here on our how-to community, we discuss the topics of home repair and unfortunately do not address customer care questions like yours, since we are not that.

However, have you contacted 1-800-HOME-DEPOT? This is the best number to reach them, or if they have given you some sort of email address, that would be your two best methods of contact.

Joseph

Posted 2020-05-18T15:59:55+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Hi Joseph, greatly appreciate the response. Yes, I have called HomeDepot.com's customer service multiple times and have been on hold anywhere 30-90 minutes and haven't been able to reach anyone. I think the whole COVID situation has impacted call centers and customers' needs.

Regardless, greatly appreciate the response and thank you!
Posted 2020-05-18T16:32:19+0000  by Sawzall
HI Sawzall,

You can file a claim with UPS, this is considered a freight damage issue, items damaged or missing. You have a 48 hours period to submit your claim, if this is past, I would contact them and submit a claim anyway. They are ultimately responsible for the safe and undamaged delivery of your items. 

In the future, if any items arrive in damaged packaging or missing parts always file a freight claim with the shipping company, this guarantees you will receive compensation, regardless who is responsible.

Mike
Posted 2020-05-18T18:47:45+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+