Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Recessed lighting layout

I am trying to install recessed light in my house. I do not have electrical layout to determine how the wiring is done in my house.how do I figure out the electrical layout and plan my lighting layout? Please help.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-05T18:09:06+0000  by Saro Saro

Hello Saro,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

At least in terms of setting and wiring up all the recessed lights, you'll have to find how and where you can feed the circuit leading to them. Your breaker panel is a good start to this. Once you can find a breaker that can power up your recessed lights, then you can add up how many lights you need.

Each recessed fixture carries a maximum of 75 watts. As long as you don't exceed what is on the circuit breaker, you can successfully add any lights you wish.

The key is planning out what you want to do for lighting. You didn't ask us what you wanted for lights or how many. However, as long as you don't exceed 15 amps on a circuit, you can place a lot of recessed lights on it. Again, simply add up the amount of power being used versus how much is on the circuit.

Most homeowners don't go above 1000-1200 watts on a single circuit, so knowing that is key. Always work with the power off and always consult a licensed electrician if you have further questions specific to codes and wiring.

I did a post regarding recessed lighting in a layout plan a while back. By clicking on the image below, it will take you straight to it.

proper spacing of recessed lighting

Let us know if you have any further questions, and we will be more happy to help you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Posted 2013-05-18T21:15:24+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+