Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Fun & Games

Reduce Reuse and Refill

Howdy,

In case you didn’t notice there is big effort to get everyone to join in the fight to: Reduce waste/use, Reuse items instead of buying new ones, and Refill what can be used again if it makes sense. So let’s discuss some ideas about how to Reduce, Reuse, and Refill.

1)      Reduce: This is the practice of using less water in our everyday life.

*Watering Lawns for 15 minutes twice a week. I recommend only watering early mornings.

*Showers use much less water than baths. If you need proof, just plug your drain and compare how much you have vs the amount you use for baths.

*Removing a large portion of our lawns and replacing with drought tolerant plants, pavers, or bark.

*Use a broom to clean driveways and sidewalks. Using water doesn’t clean it as well.

2)      Reuse: We can get creative and think of ways to reuse containers such as our water bottles. 

*I like to reuse candy and peanut containers for holding stuff like markers and nuts and bolts.

*glass jars are the best for storing lots of things that are liquid.

*cookie tins are the best for keeping things like your home sewing kit.

*plastic bags have been a standard as small trash liners. I always have them in my car for trash.

3)      Refill: This is the practice refilling containers to get more than one use from them.

*I have my very own home depot water bottle that I refill when I’m out and about or going to the gym.

*I use a water filter pitcher that I use instead of buying bottles water which I actually prefer to bottled water.

*Keeping the packaging material and boxes from things I purchase has been a family tradition of mine that I use when mailing or storing stuff in my garage.

Why not share your ideas so we can all do our part to Reduce, Reuse, and Refill.

Happy Saving,

Coach Dave

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-08-28T01:11:41+0000  by Dave_HD_OC Dave_HD_OC

Topic
Categories+