Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Remember me? And my little dog too? LOL

I just wanted to post to those of you that remember a few years ago, I think 3 or 4 is when it started, me asking for help with my "little lawn for my service dog"
I must start writing the book on this one, it's a cliff hanger! 
So, it's now April 22, 2015 and there is no "lawn" (death swamp is what I named it!), that ate 4, count em!, 4 sod lawns within a year 1/2 or so, AND one lawn full of "fake grass", the "spendy" kind, and a green, $8 "carpet" from a different store!

This demon soil ATE all of that stuff!!!!!!! AND smelled like an open sewer! For the last 4 years!!!!!

I got so much help from you guys and the manager, assistant manager, a few associate workers in the lawn and garden department and especially Byron Names, THE guy at Home Depot in South East Salem. Everyone went WAY out of their way to help me and my service dog, Billy, (who is still alive, by the way! Still sick and almost completely blind now, but still his Majesty Billy!) 
I wanted to post some new pictures of the back "yard", but haven't got my phone hooked up yet. 

In the next week or so, I will try to get it all together to post a picture history from the start, through all the hard work, thanks guys and me, lol, to this afternoon. His Majesty Billy now has a cement lawn, with some boxed grasses to aim at and soon a new lounge chair to put under an umbrella so he can lounge in peace in his final years, hopefully.

Thank you all so much and I WILL post those pictures, I owe that much to you all.

regards,,
David in Salem 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-04-23T00:50:18+0000  by buclkysdad1 buclkysdad1

Hey David and Billy, of course I remember!!!

You guys have had an ongoing saga with lawn distress, and failure, and stinky soil for years!

I remember that you had made a promise to Billy when he was sick if he pulled through you would do your best to provide him with a grassy area to enjoy his last days on.

At one point I had called your local Home Depot and spoke to Byron about you and Billy…. It was years ago.

Well Billy has been hanging on for so long now, it is remarkable!

I commend you David; for the effort you put forth to try to keep a lawn going, or even started.

I am happy that you have decided to make things comfortable for you and Billy, I am sure that all he really wants is to be by your side….anywhere, any way, and it does not matter how.

I look forward to seeing some pictures of that super, death defying dog Billy, and the space that you have created to comfort you dear sidekick and best bud.

Best wishes, send us those photos,cant wait,       Maureen

Posted 2015-04-23T12:20:59+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+