Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Remote not working for new fan

I recently bought a house and all the ceiling fans are 52" Redington fans which all have remotes. I replaced one  of the redington fans with a new Hampton bay island fan. I was wondering if the redington ceiling fan had a transmitter already built into it. Is there anyway to make the remote work for my new ceiling fan or do I have to just buy a new transmitter?

Thanks Dani

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-12-26T21:15:17+0000  by meekazx6r meekazx6r

Hello Dani and thank you for joining the discussions.  Congratulations on the new home!

Our Hampton Bay team can help you keep your ceiling fans working properly.  To identify which ceiling fans you have, locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  The UPC is the preferred information to exactly identify your ceiling fan.  I found these UPC numbers from the Redington IV 52” Ceiling Fan Owner’s Manual:

Steel = UPC 082392460150

White = UPC082392460143

Redington.jpg

Chapter 11 details the “Operating Your Remote Control.”

Island Fan.jpg

As for your new fan, the Hampton Bay 52 in. Island fan comes in two finishes:

Belcaro Walnut = Store SKU # 670-787

Desert Patina = Store SKU # 104-478

With this information, contact the Hampton Bay team at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  They are here to help from start to finish and can give you the specific information and instruction that you need.

Best wishes for a long and happy life in your new home to you and your ceiling fans.

DW wexram.png

Posted 2011-12-27T16:17:37+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+