Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Removed balancing weights and it stripped the wood finish off my Hampton Bay ceiling fan

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan (AC-118A).  I removed the fan blades to flip the color from the lighter finish to the darker finish to match my new living room decor.  However, as I was removing the balancing weights, the wood grain finish peeled off too!  Now I can't change the color of the blades to match my decor.  Is it possible to have Hampton Bay send replacement blades to me?  There was a sticker on one of the blades that says "317" which I assume might be the model number of the blades.  The blades are approx. 23 1/4 inches long and have three screw holes that are aligned in a straight light parallel to the blade length.

Thank you in advance!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-09T01:45:59+0000  by mikephx mikephx

Hi mikephx, welcome and we’re glad you joined the community. Sorry to hear about the problem you’re having with the fan blades.

To get the correct parts (fan blades), you will need some information. You need to get the UPC code. This code is located on a sticker on the top of the motor housing.

You may need a small mirror to help you get this information. You need this information as there are several manufactures of Hampton Bay fans.

Once you have this information, you can place a call to the Hampton Bay Customer Service Team and they can help you get the correct fan blades for your model of fan.

Here is the Hampton Bay Customer Service phone number. Hope this helps. 

Hampton Bay Help.jpg

Posted 2012-09-10T22:09:00+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+