Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

Answered

Removing a sliding patio door

I need to remove my sliding patio door. It does not have the usual 2 screws on each end to adjust the wheels. It just has 2 screws in all 4 corners of the door. I tried loosening these screws but it doesn't seem to do anything. I am at a loss as how to remove the door. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-06-15T22:19:56+0000  by Moolkay Moolkay

Hello Moolkay,

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like you may have an aluminum patio door since you have 2 screws in all 4 corners.

Just about all patio doors all you have to do is open the door and then lift the panel up and tilt it out on the bottom then remove it from the top track. Be careful they are heavier than you think.

If you are wanting to replace the rollers it sounds like you have the kind of door that you would remove the screw that is furthest away from the roller and then pull the side rail up enough to separate the side from the bottom frame and then you will slide the old roller assemble out and replace it with a new one and re-assemble the frame.

Continue till you have replaced all of the rollers and then insert the top of the panel in the top track and lift up till you are able to place the bottom of the panel on the track. This should get your door moving freely again.

I hope this is what you were looking for. If you can take a picture of your patio door and post it here on the community for me to see I'm sure I can help you out better if it's not.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I would love to help.

Best Answer

Posted 2012-06-15T23:17:51+0000  by Christine_HD_OC
Thank you, I was able remove it.
Posted 2012-06-15T23:54:33+0000  by Moolkay

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+