Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

Removing double keyhole cylinder deadbolt with no visible screw holes on either side of door.

How do I remove a double keyhole cylinder deadbolt with no visible screw holes on either side of the door?  Bought a new house and changing out the locks.  Front and back doors have deadbolts with keyholes on both sides, cylindrical style.  There's no visible screws on the deadbolts.  How do I take off so I can replace with new ones?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-01T04:05:51+0000  by jguerrini jguerrini

What brand is it?  Can you post a picture of both sides of the door, perferrably from a couple of angles?

Generically, some locksets use a trim plate to cover the screws.  Look on the underside or where lock meets the door for a small hole or little groove.  It will be on the inside of the door.  Push into the hole with a straightened paperclip or gently pry with a small screwdriver in the groove.  That should pop off the cover and reveal the screws holding the two halves of the lock together.

Posted 2013-06-01T15:02:28+0000  by Adam444

Thanks!  I'll try what you said.  It's a Schlage deadbolt just like the picture.  As you can see, there's no screws visible to unscrew.

Schlage Deadbolts.jpg

Posted 2013-06-01T15:20:23+0000  by jguerrini
Hi, I have a one of those lori super guard Jimmy Proof Door Locks. The key broke off in the lock and I wanted to take the lock off my door, but there are no visible screws. 

Posted 2016-04-27T01:36:53+0000  by Vicky65

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+