Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Repaint and Replace Outlets

I have been planning to repaint my walls ever since I moved into the house, but with the same colors and replace my outlets. I want to know the supplies I will be needing for this project. The project is for the entire house. There are holes I want to cover up, bumps, uneven plaster and paint line drops. I want to replace four indoor outlets. I want to know what to buy so I can start this project as fast as possible.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-08-13T21:03:02+0000  by Chiquis Chiquis

Hello Chiquis and welcome to the Community.

Thank you for sending those photos. The photos indicate that most of the materials you will need are in the Paint department. 

Let’s start with drop clothes or plastic sheets to protect the area you are working on,  from dust and in the future, paint.  Ladder or platform to reach the high places. Then you will need sand paper. First very rough grade and then a finer grade. Also a sanding block or a power sander if you have many areas with dripping paint lines. 

A scrapper for those rougher areas, like where they removed a shelf or something. 

Then you will need some filler products like spackle and a putty knife.  For larger holes you may need extra patching materials like a drywall repair patch.

Once the surface repairs are finished, it will be time to start painting.

Painting Materials: masking tape, brushes, rollers and roller pan, edger, paint mixer, rags, pole if you are doing ceilings.  Lets not forget PAINT.  If you have done a lot of repairs, you may want to use a separate primer to really seal those repairs, then a good quality paint. 

One of paint manufacture offers several option:  a paint with primer, for example BEHR Premium Plus.  Or BEHR Premium Plus Ultra with stainblocker.  The top of the line paint is BEHR Marquee One-Coat Hide Enamel Interior Paint.

For the ceiling there is a separate white ceiling paint most people use.

As far as replacing the indoor outlets, the materials will depend on why you are replacing them. If it is to match the wall color, all you need is the outlets themselves and a screwdriver.  If they are not functioning you probably, need an electrician.

Safety first, always shut off the power to the outlets at the electrical box before you start.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2017-08-15T17:52:20+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+